Saturday, January 15, 2011

recently played 2 (currently)

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (part 1)



 At first I wanted to make a review on  Professor Layton and the Unwound Future but unfortunately the save file corrupted (f**k) while I was in the middle of the story and I not on the mood to play all over again.Perhaps next time.So I started to play DQ9 and I'm on the middle of completing it. As I am still completing the game,I found some of the things in it that "new" and different compared to the previous installment.Among of them are :-

  • We can create our own party member.In other word,the main character is the only character related to the main story.Other 3 party member we can customize ourselves as it will have no efFeCt on the main story. "Well for me, although it may be a new experience for this type of game; I kind of  MISs the default party member as it felt the party member kinda of have a background story behind them and act as additional boost to the game.Since this game was made for multiplayer game play, I guess it will be more fun when playing together with friends".
  • There are no random encounter with monster (wohoo).For those who were frustrated to 'each-3-step-walking-and-battle' routine,this game a HEAVEN for them.We can literally see monster as they appeared on the screen and can choose to either avoid or confront with them.This feature will certainly brings good points to the game.
  • Since this is the 1st game in the franchise that made solely for the NDS,the expectation was accurately satisfying.Although the graphic are not as good as the previous installment (since DQ8 was for the PS2),no voice over(for the period of time I'm playing it) but the storyline,side quest cover it all.It is AFTerAll a RPG for NDS,thus we can't expect it to be the same level as console's RPG.
As in until now,the game still quite OK.I can't give overall verdict yet.Wait for part 2  ; ).  

No comments: